How many fast food commercials do you see on television? I know. It's a lot. Now, how many vegetable commericials do you see? I have never seen one. If you see one please let us know." - Joseph
Our Minecraft public service announcement
Fast Food Commercial Facts:
1. Hundreds more commercials from McDonald's than any other fast food restaurant.
2. These ads are seen by lots of children.
3. Less than 1% of all kids’ meal combinations- 33 out of 5,427- met recommended nutrition standards.
4. In 2012, fast food restaurants spent $4.6 billion in total on all advertising
5. More than 25% of advertising on daytime and prime time television devoted to foods and beverages
6. Out of 5,724 commercials recorded, 1,162 were food-related, with 91.2% of food promotions in English, and 8.7% in Spanish. Only one commercial was bilingual. Overall, nearly 1 in 5 advertisements was for a food or nutrition-related product, with 5.2 food advertisements presented every hour.
7. Fast-food restaurants, sugary food, chips/crackers, and sugar-added beverages collectively accounted for more than 70% of food commercials; 34% were for ''food on the run,'' fast-food restaurants and convenience food.
8. They make the food look good in pictures and adds.
We want you to know more about the media's influence on the food industry. Please read the attached article below.
For additional information, please read this article: www.businessinsider.com/american-children-see-253-mcdonalds-ads-every-year-2013-11